- Tech-Friendly: Get the LG G Flex 2 and other big smartphones at U.S. Cellular
- State Roundup: Unfunded pension liability greater impact than fluctuating revenue
- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
Learn about Haiti at Hilltop Ministries
From press release
What’s the latest information about Haitian relief, especially through Church World Service (sponsor of the CROP Hunger Walk Oct. 17)? Meet local volunteers who have traveled to Haiti to offer assistance, including Don Dexheimer from Hilltop Ministries and the Rev. Andrea White from St. Anskar’s Episcopal Church, at a special program at 7 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 7.
The event is hosted by Hilltop Ministries at 8301 Mitchell Road, Machesney Park. Julia Jones, Church World Service regional coordinator, will also help explain the churches’ response to floods in Pakistan.
This program is free and open to the public. Other Haitian volunteer programs are invited to make short presentations.
For more information about the event, call (815) 964-7111.
From the Oct. 6-12, 2010 issue