- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Learn about Haiti at Hilltop Ministries
From press release
What’s the latest information about Haitian relief, especially through Church World Service (sponsor of the CROP Hunger Walk Oct. 17)? Meet local volunteers who have traveled to Haiti to offer assistance, including Don Dexheimer from Hilltop Ministries and the Rev. Andrea White from St. Anskar’s Episcopal Church, at a special program at 7 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 7.
The event is hosted by Hilltop Ministries at 8301 Mitchell Road, Machesney Park. Julia Jones, Church World Service regional coordinator, will also help explain the churches’ response to floods in Pakistan.
This program is free and open to the public. Other Haitian volunteer programs are invited to make short presentations.
For more information about the event, call (815) 964-7111.
From the Oct. 6-12, 2010 issue