- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Learn about Haiti at Hilltop Ministries
From press release
What’s the latest information about Haitian relief, especially through Church World Service (sponsor of the CROP Hunger Walk Oct. 17)? Meet local volunteers who have traveled to Haiti to offer assistance, including Don Dexheimer from Hilltop Ministries and the Rev. Andrea White from St. Anskar’s Episcopal Church, at a special program at 7 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 7.
The event is hosted by Hilltop Ministries at 8301 Mitchell Road, Machesney Park. Julia Jones, Church World Service regional coordinator, will also help explain the churches’ response to floods in Pakistan.
This program is free and open to the public. Other Haitian volunteer programs are invited to make short presentations.
For more information about the event, call (815) 964-7111.
From the Oct. 6-12, 2010 issue