- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Learn about Haiti at Hilltop Ministries
From press release
What’s the latest information about Haitian relief, especially through Church World Service (sponsor of the CROP Hunger Walk Oct. 17)? Meet local volunteers who have traveled to Haiti to offer assistance, including Don Dexheimer from Hilltop Ministries and the Rev. Andrea White from St. Anskar’s Episcopal Church, at a special program at 7 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 7.
The event is hosted by Hilltop Ministries at 8301 Mitchell Road, Machesney Park. Julia Jones, Church World Service regional coordinator, will also help explain the churches’ response to floods in Pakistan.
This program is free and open to the public. Other Haitian volunteer programs are invited to make short presentations.
For more information about the event, call (815) 964-7111.
From the Oct. 6-12, 2010 issue