- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Learn about Haiti at Hilltop Ministries
From press release
What’s the latest information about Haitian relief, especially through Church World Service (sponsor of the CROP Hunger Walk Oct. 17)? Meet local volunteers who have traveled to Haiti to offer assistance, including Don Dexheimer from Hilltop Ministries and the Rev. Andrea White from St. Anskar’s Episcopal Church, at a special program at 7 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 7.
The event is hosted by Hilltop Ministries at 8301 Mitchell Road, Machesney Park. Julia Jones, Church World Service regional coordinator, will also help explain the churches’ response to floods in Pakistan.
This program is free and open to the public. Other Haitian volunteer programs are invited to make short presentations.
For more information about the event, call (815) 964-7111.
From the Oct. 6-12, 2010 issue