- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Mendelssohn campaign celebration set for Oct. 20
From press release
The Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center presents its “An Evening in C Major” Annual Campaign Celebration from 5:30 to 8 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 20, at the Rockford Country Club. Admission is $35 per person.
Cocktails will be served at 5:30 p.m., and the program runs from 6:15 to 8 p.m. This year the celebration will focus on the past 50 years of nourishing “noteworthy” youth, as Mendelssohn honors the 50th anniversary of their Chandler Starr Miller Youth Scholarship Competition.
A group of past Chandler Starr Miller Scholarship Competition participants will perform throughout the evening. Mendelssohn will also welcome L.A. Frisbie Miller as a special guest. He is the great-grandson of Blanche Ellis Starr, the founder and longtime president of the original Mendelssohn Club. Frisbie is also the son of Chandler Starr Miller, the namesake of the Youth Scholarship Competition.
Attendees of this event will “C Major Results” of how the Mendelssohn PAC has contributed to the Rockford community by supporting young musicians and offering musical performance and educational opportunities for all.
To make a reservation, call the Mendelssohn PAC at (815) 964-9713 or visit mendelssohnpac.org by Wednesday, Oct. 13.
From the Oct. 6-12, 2010 issue