- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
Mendelssohn campaign celebration set for Oct. 20
From press release
The Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center presents its “An Evening in C Major” Annual Campaign Celebration from 5:30 to 8 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 20, at the Rockford Country Club. Admission is $35 per person.
Cocktails will be served at 5:30 p.m., and the program runs from 6:15 to 8 p.m. This year the celebration will focus on the past 50 years of nourishing “noteworthy” youth, as Mendelssohn honors the 50th anniversary of their Chandler Starr Miller Youth Scholarship Competition.
A group of past Chandler Starr Miller Scholarship Competition participants will perform throughout the evening. Mendelssohn will also welcome L.A. Frisbie Miller as a special guest. He is the great-grandson of Blanche Ellis Starr, the founder and longtime president of the original Mendelssohn Club. Frisbie is also the son of Chandler Starr Miller, the namesake of the Youth Scholarship Competition.
Attendees of this event will “C Major Results” of how the Mendelssohn PAC has contributed to the Rockford community by supporting young musicians and offering musical performance and educational opportunities for all.
To make a reservation, call the Mendelssohn PAC at (815) 964-9713 or visit mendelssohnpac.org by Wednesday, Oct. 13.
From the Oct. 6-12, 2010 issue