- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Mendelssohn campaign celebration set for Oct. 20
From press release
The Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center presents its “An Evening in C Major” Annual Campaign Celebration from 5:30 to 8 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 20, at the Rockford Country Club. Admission is $35 per person.
Cocktails will be served at 5:30 p.m., and the program runs from 6:15 to 8 p.m. This year the celebration will focus on the past 50 years of nourishing “noteworthy” youth, as Mendelssohn honors the 50th anniversary of their Chandler Starr Miller Youth Scholarship Competition.
A group of past Chandler Starr Miller Scholarship Competition participants will perform throughout the evening. Mendelssohn will also welcome L.A. Frisbie Miller as a special guest. He is the great-grandson of Blanche Ellis Starr, the founder and longtime president of the original Mendelssohn Club. Frisbie is also the son of Chandler Starr Miller, the namesake of the Youth Scholarship Competition.
Attendees of this event will “C Major Results” of how the Mendelssohn PAC has contributed to the Rockford community by supporting young musicians and offering musical performance and educational opportunities for all.
To make a reservation, call the Mendelssohn PAC at (815) 964-9713 or visit mendelssohnpac.org by Wednesday, Oct. 13.
From the Oct. 6-12, 2010 issue