- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Mendelssohn campaign celebration set for Oct. 20
From press release
The Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center presents its “An Evening in C Major” Annual Campaign Celebration from 5:30 to 8 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 20, at the Rockford Country Club. Admission is $35 per person.
Cocktails will be served at 5:30 p.m., and the program runs from 6:15 to 8 p.m. This year the celebration will focus on the past 50 years of nourishing “noteworthy” youth, as Mendelssohn honors the 50th anniversary of their Chandler Starr Miller Youth Scholarship Competition.
A group of past Chandler Starr Miller Scholarship Competition participants will perform throughout the evening. Mendelssohn will also welcome L.A. Frisbie Miller as a special guest. He is the great-grandson of Blanche Ellis Starr, the founder and longtime president of the original Mendelssohn Club. Frisbie is also the son of Chandler Starr Miller, the namesake of the Youth Scholarship Competition.
Attendees of this event will “C Major Results” of how the Mendelssohn PAC has contributed to the Rockford community by supporting young musicians and offering musical performance and educational opportunities for all.
To make a reservation, call the Mendelssohn PAC at (815) 964-9713 or visit mendelssohnpac.org by Wednesday, Oct. 13.
From the Oct. 6-12, 2010 issue