- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
To the Editor: The second-hand newspaper
My dad was born in Pampa, Texas and later on, his father’s family had moved to Ava, Mo. But this was during the Great Depression. And they were so poor, they had to live in a tar-paper shack! His parents couldn’t afford wallpaper, so they had to use newspaper. But after they had walked around reading the walls completely, it was overdue time to go out and find a more current wallpaper!
Philip J. Wilson
From the Oct. 6-12, 2010 issue