- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
To the Editor: The second-hand newspaper
My dad was born in Pampa, Texas and later on, his father’s family had moved to Ava, Mo. But this was during the Great Depression. And they were so poor, they had to live in a tar-paper shack! His parents couldn’t afford wallpaper, so they had to use newspaper. But after they had walked around reading the walls completely, it was overdue time to go out and find a more current wallpaper!
Philip J. Wilson
From the Oct. 6-12, 2010 issue