- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
American Legion presents a National Breast Cancer Awareness event
The American Legion Jefferson Horton Post and Auxiliary Unit 340 will present a National Breast Cancer Awareness event from 2-6 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 16, at Jefferson Horton Post 340, 1010 S. Main St., Rockford.
Cost is $5 per person. Guest speaker will be Carolyn Gray Redmond of the American Cancer Society. Appetizers will be available. Door prizes will be donated by several businesses and organizations.
All of the proceeds will go to the National Breast Cancer Foundation to help women get free mammograms.
From the Oct. 13-19, 2010 issue