- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
American Legion presents a National Breast Cancer Awareness event
The American Legion Jefferson Horton Post and Auxiliary Unit 340 will present a National Breast Cancer Awareness event from 2-6 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 16, at Jefferson Horton Post 340, 1010 S. Main St., Rockford.
Cost is $5 per person. Guest speaker will be Carolyn Gray Redmond of the American Cancer Society. Appetizers will be available. Door prizes will be donated by several businesses and organizations.
All of the proceeds will go to the National Breast Cancer Foundation to help women get free mammograms.
From the Oct. 13-19, 2010 issue