- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
American Legion presents a National Breast Cancer Awareness event
The American Legion Jefferson Horton Post and Auxiliary Unit 340 will present a National Breast Cancer Awareness event from 2-6 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 16, at Jefferson Horton Post 340, 1010 S. Main St., Rockford.
Cost is $5 per person. Guest speaker will be Carolyn Gray Redmond of the American Cancer Society. Appetizers will be available. Door prizes will be donated by several businesses and organizations.
All of the proceeds will go to the National Breast Cancer Foundation to help women get free mammograms.
From the Oct. 13-19, 2010 issue