- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- Editorial: Got the giving spirit? Here are some places to spread it
- Week 16 NFL picks: Colts will top Cowboys, Manziel will get first win
- NIU Huskies face Marshall Thundering Herd in Boca Raton Bowl
American Legion presents a National Breast Cancer Awareness event
The American Legion Jefferson Horton Post and Auxiliary Unit 340 will present a National Breast Cancer Awareness event from 2-6 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 16, at Jefferson Horton Post 340, 1010 S. Main St., Rockford.
Cost is $5 per person. Guest speaker will be Carolyn Gray Redmond of the American Cancer Society. Appetizers will be available. Door prizes will be donated by several businesses and organizations.
All of the proceeds will go to the National Breast Cancer Foundation to help women get free mammograms.
From the Oct. 13-19, 2010 issue