- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Andreas Kapsalis & Goran Ivanovic perform at JustGoods Oct. 15
From press release
The Andreas Kapsalis & Goran Ivanovic Guitar Duo celebrates the continental tradition of guitar performance. As composers, they are part of a movement whose aim is to build the new repertoire for the next generation of guitar players.
Charlotte’s Web for the Performing Arts will present them at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Oct. 15, at JustGoods Listening Room, 201 Seventh St., Rockford.
Steel-string 10-finger-tapping guitar prodigy Andreas Kapsalis and nylon string classical guitarist Goran Ivanovic have fused their musical roots with modern, classical, world, jazz and beyond as an experimental duo. As they continue to create “buzz” throughout global music circles, these masterful musicians are also creating genres and musical styles that have yet to be named.
Charlotte’s Web regulars may remember the magical music generated when the Web presented the Goran Ivanovic Group at Krypto Music Lounge in March 2006. Goran Ivanovic’s hypnotic guitar took the mind to campfires in the woods of medieval Europe amidst a lively gypsy caravan. The audience was entranced for three full sets. Andreas Kapsalis elicited a similar response in November 2006. They both have graced many stages in various band configurations with countless top-shelf collaborators, but this will be their Rockford premiere as the Kapsalis Ivanovic Guitar Duo. This promises to be an incredible guitar experience: a virtual Parisian underground gypsy jazz club right here in Rockford.
Tickets are $12 in advance, $15 at the door. Advance tickets are available at Rockford Area Arts Council, 713 E. State, (815) 963-6765; both Postal Shoppe locations, in the Edgebrook Center, (815) 397-7301 and 2205 S. Perryville, (815) 484-0940; and JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., (815) 965-8903. New outlet: Nikki’s Café, 604 Pleasant St., Beloit, Wis. (608) 207-3101; or by mail: send a check and SASE to 306 Theodore St., Loves Park, IL 61111. Indicate artist or performance date on check. Credit card payment accepted only at charlotteswebofrockford.org via PayPal. There is a $1/ticket processing fee included. Print your receipt and present it at the door to redeem your tickets.
For more information, call (815) 964-2238 or visit charlotteswebofrockford.org.
From the Oct. 13-19, 2010 issue