- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Fall Groove Walk Oct. 16 in downtown Rockford
From press release
The second annual Fall Groove Walk downtown live music event is from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 16.
Tickets are $10 at the door or $7 in advance at the following outlets: CJ’s Lounge, Deli Italia Lounge, Guzzardo Performance Music, Kryptonite, On the Waterfront, Inc., Rue Marche and Swilligan’s Pub.
One Groove Walk ticket offers admission to all establishments. The fall 2010 lineup is as follows, listed in order by location:
Bamboo Asian Noodles, 514 E. State St.—Andy Spitson; Bar 3, 326 E. State St.—Too Deep; Brio Restaurant, 515 E. State St.—LYX; CJ’s Lounge, 300 E. State St.—Second Wind; Deli Italia Lounge, 507 E. State St.—Whalebone; Irish Rose, 519 E. State St.—Barstool Bob Blues Band; Kiwi Café, 211 Elm St.—Presumed Innocent; Kryptonite, 308 W. State St.—Mana Kintorso; Octane, 124 N. Main St.—Jodi Beach Trio; Rue Marche, 620 Market St.—Heavyflow; Swilligan’s Pub, 200 N. Church St.—Vintage Vinyl; and The Office, 513 E. State St.—The Usual Suspects.
Walk from establishment to establishment, or hop the Rockford Mass Transit District trolley for a free ride as it runs along the Groove Walk route.
Attendance supports the future of Rockford’s music, as a portion of the proceeds from the event benefits the Rockford Area Music Industry’s Gary S. Wilmer Memorial Scholarship Fund, a music scholarship fund for high school seniors.
For more about the event, visit the On the Waterfront office at 308 W. State St., Suite 115 (inside Stewart Square), call the On the Waterfront office at (815) 964-4388 or visit onthewaterfront.com.
From the Oct. 13-19, 2010 issue