- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
‘Life Is a Blessing: One Nurse’s Journey Through Breast Cancer’ at OSF St. Anthony
From press release
An oncology nurse’s journey through breast cancer will be explored at the next Community Health Program to be held Wednesday, Oct. 20, in the atrium and in the Women’s Center at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center.
Lisa Bruno, RN, BSN, OCN, BHN, Certified Breast Care Nurse and breast cancer navigator at the OSF Saint Anthony Center for Cancer Care, will present “Life Is a Blessing: One Nurse’s Journey Through Breast Cancer” at 6 p.m.
Bruno will discuss her personal story on being diagnosed with breast cancer, the subsequent treatment, and her continuing role as an oncology nurse. She will also explore how her experience led to the development of her new role as the breast cancer navigator who guides other women through the breast cancer journey.
The event begins at 5 p.m. with free health screenings, including blood pressure, glucose and cholesterol testing.
Informational booths about OSF services, including programs offered at the OSF Center for Health Fitness, will be located in the Women’s Center. Tours of the OSF Saint Anthony Women’s Center will be offered, and giveaways and special refreshments will be available.
The Community Health Program is free, but reservations are requested by calling (815) 395-5493.
The OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center website is osfsaintanthony.org.
From the Oct. 13-19, 2010 issue