- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
‘Life Is a Blessing: One Nurse’s Journey Through Breast Cancer’ at OSF St. Anthony
From press release
An oncology nurse’s journey through breast cancer will be explored at the next Community Health Program to be held Wednesday, Oct. 20, in the atrium and in the Women’s Center at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center.
Lisa Bruno, RN, BSN, OCN, BHN, Certified Breast Care Nurse and breast cancer navigator at the OSF Saint Anthony Center for Cancer Care, will present “Life Is a Blessing: One Nurse’s Journey Through Breast Cancer” at 6 p.m.
Bruno will discuss her personal story on being diagnosed with breast cancer, the subsequent treatment, and her continuing role as an oncology nurse. She will also explore how her experience led to the development of her new role as the breast cancer navigator who guides other women through the breast cancer journey.
The event begins at 5 p.m. with free health screenings, including blood pressure, glucose and cholesterol testing.
Informational booths about OSF services, including programs offered at the OSF Center for Health Fitness, will be located in the Women’s Center. Tours of the OSF Saint Anthony Women’s Center will be offered, and giveaways and special refreshments will be available.
The Community Health Program is free, but reservations are requested by calling (815) 395-5493.
The OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center website is osfsaintanthony.org.
From the Oct. 13-19, 2010 issue