- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Rock River Sweep photo finalist in national competition
From press release
A photo by Angela Mahoney of Oregon, Ill., has been selected as one of 10 finalists in this year’s American Rivers National River Cleanup photo contest.
Mahoney’s photo was taken at the Oregon, Ill., portion of the inaugural Rock River Sweep Sept. 11.
More than 200 photos from across the country were entered in the contest. Vote for Mahoney’s photo and view all 10 of the finalists by visiting http://www.americanrivers.org/2010NRCphotocontest.
Voting for the top picture will close Thursday, Oct. 28, and the winner will be announced Friday, Oct. 29. The winning photo will be featured on the National River Cleanup homepage and used in other American Rivers publications throughout the year.
For more about the Rock River Sweep, visit www.rockriversweep.org.
From the Oct. 13-19, 2010 issue