- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Rock River Sweep photo finalist in national competition
From press release
A photo by Angela Mahoney of Oregon, Ill., has been selected as one of 10 finalists in this year’s American Rivers National River Cleanup photo contest.
Mahoney’s photo was taken at the Oregon, Ill., portion of the inaugural Rock River Sweep Sept. 11.
More than 200 photos from across the country were entered in the contest. Vote for Mahoney’s photo and view all 10 of the finalists by visiting http://www.americanrivers.org/2010NRCphotocontest.
Voting for the top picture will close Thursday, Oct. 28, and the winner will be announced Friday, Oct. 29. The winning photo will be featured on the National River Cleanup homepage and used in other American Rivers publications throughout the year.
For more about the Rock River Sweep, visit www.rockriversweep.org.
From the Oct. 13-19, 2010 issue