- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Rock River Sweep photo finalist in national competition
From press release
A photo by Angela Mahoney of Oregon, Ill., has been selected as one of 10 finalists in this year’s American Rivers National River Cleanup photo contest.
Mahoney’s photo was taken at the Oregon, Ill., portion of the inaugural Rock River Sweep Sept. 11.
More than 200 photos from across the country were entered in the contest. Vote for Mahoney’s photo and view all 10 of the finalists by visiting http://www.americanrivers.org/2010NRCphotocontest.
Voting for the top picture will close Thursday, Oct. 28, and the winner will be announced Friday, Oct. 29. The winning photo will be featured on the National River Cleanup homepage and used in other American Rivers publications throughout the year.
For more about the Rock River Sweep, visit www.rockriversweep.org.
From the Oct. 13-19, 2010 issue