- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Rock River Sweep photo finalist in national competition
From press release
A photo by Angela Mahoney of Oregon, Ill., has been selected as one of 10 finalists in this year’s American Rivers National River Cleanup photo contest.
Mahoney’s photo was taken at the Oregon, Ill., portion of the inaugural Rock River Sweep Sept. 11.
More than 200 photos from across the country were entered in the contest. Vote for Mahoney’s photo and view all 10 of the finalists by visiting http://www.americanrivers.org/2010NRCphotocontest.
Voting for the top picture will close Thursday, Oct. 28, and the winner will be announced Friday, Oct. 29. The winning photo will be featured on the National River Cleanup homepage and used in other American Rivers publications throughout the year.
For more about the Rock River Sweep, visit www.rockriversweep.org.
From the Oct. 13-19, 2010 issue