- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Rock River Sweep photo finalist in national competition
From press release
A photo by Angela Mahoney of Oregon, Ill., has been selected as one of 10 finalists in this year’s American Rivers National River Cleanup photo contest.
Mahoney’s photo was taken at the Oregon, Ill., portion of the inaugural Rock River Sweep Sept. 11.
More than 200 photos from across the country were entered in the contest. Vote for Mahoney’s photo and view all 10 of the finalists by visiting http://www.americanrivers.org/2010NRCphotocontest.
Voting for the top picture will close Thursday, Oct. 28, and the winner will be announced Friday, Oct. 29. The winning photo will be featured on the National River Cleanup homepage and used in other American Rivers publications throughout the year.
For more about the Rock River Sweep, visit www.rockriversweep.org.
From the Oct. 13-19, 2010 issue