- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Second City Barbershop Chorus at Maddox Theatre Oct. 16
From press release
A benefit concert for the Rockford College Alan Hutchcroft Alternative Spring Break featuring the Rockford Second City Barbershop Chorus will be from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., Oct. 16, in Rockford College’s Maddox Theatre. Admission is $20 for adults, $10 for students.
Rockford Second City Chorus is a 13-year-old award-winning choir that has performed widely in the community and the region. More about the group is available on its website, 2ndcitychorus.com.
Now in its 16th year, the Alan Hutchcroft Alternative Spring Break is an annual event in which Rockford College students, faculty, staff and alumni travel to Starkville, Miss., to build homes for Habitat for Humanity’s Collegiate Challenge. Since the group was formed, crews have built 16 homes. For more, see www.rockford.edu/?page=AHASB.
From the Oct. 13-19, 2010 issue