- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Second City Barbershop Chorus at Maddox Theatre Oct. 16
From press release
A benefit concert for the Rockford College Alan Hutchcroft Alternative Spring Break featuring the Rockford Second City Barbershop Chorus will be from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., Oct. 16, in Rockford College’s Maddox Theatre. Admission is $20 for adults, $10 for students.
Rockford Second City Chorus is a 13-year-old award-winning choir that has performed widely in the community and the region. More about the group is available on its website, 2ndcitychorus.com.
Now in its 16th year, the Alan Hutchcroft Alternative Spring Break is an annual event in which Rockford College students, faculty, staff and alumni travel to Starkville, Miss., to build homes for Habitat for Humanity’s Collegiate Challenge. Since the group was formed, crews have built 16 homes. For more, see www.rockford.edu/?page=AHASB.
From the Oct. 13-19, 2010 issue