- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Second City Barbershop Chorus at Maddox Theatre Oct. 16
From press release
A benefit concert for the Rockford College Alan Hutchcroft Alternative Spring Break featuring the Rockford Second City Barbershop Chorus will be from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., Oct. 16, in Rockford College’s Maddox Theatre. Admission is $20 for adults, $10 for students.
Rockford Second City Chorus is a 13-year-old award-winning choir that has performed widely in the community and the region. More about the group is available on its website, 2ndcitychorus.com.
Now in its 16th year, the Alan Hutchcroft Alternative Spring Break is an annual event in which Rockford College students, faculty, staff and alumni travel to Starkville, Miss., to build homes for Habitat for Humanity’s Collegiate Challenge. Since the group was formed, crews have built 16 homes. For more, see www.rockford.edu/?page=AHASB.
From the Oct. 13-19, 2010 issue