- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Second City Barbershop Chorus at Maddox Theatre Oct. 16
From press release
A benefit concert for the Rockford College Alan Hutchcroft Alternative Spring Break featuring the Rockford Second City Barbershop Chorus will be from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., Oct. 16, in Rockford College’s Maddox Theatre. Admission is $20 for adults, $10 for students.
Rockford Second City Chorus is a 13-year-old award-winning choir that has performed widely in the community and the region. More about the group is available on its website, 2ndcitychorus.com.
Now in its 16th year, the Alan Hutchcroft Alternative Spring Break is an annual event in which Rockford College students, faculty, staff and alumni travel to Starkville, Miss., to build homes for Habitat for Humanity’s Collegiate Challenge. Since the group was formed, crews have built 16 homes. For more, see www.rockford.edu/?page=AHASB.
From the Oct. 13-19, 2010 issue