- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Second City Barbershop Chorus at Maddox Theatre Oct. 16
From press release
A benefit concert for the Rockford College Alan Hutchcroft Alternative Spring Break featuring the Rockford Second City Barbershop Chorus will be from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., Oct. 16, in Rockford College’s Maddox Theatre. Admission is $20 for adults, $10 for students.
Rockford Second City Chorus is a 13-year-old award-winning choir that has performed widely in the community and the region. More about the group is available on its website, 2ndcitychorus.com.
Now in its 16th year, the Alan Hutchcroft Alternative Spring Break is an annual event in which Rockford College students, faculty, staff and alumni travel to Starkville, Miss., to build homes for Habitat for Humanity’s Collegiate Challenge. Since the group was formed, crews have built 16 homes. For more, see www.rockford.edu/?page=AHASB.
From the Oct. 13-19, 2010 issue