- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
Community news and notes: Week of Oct. 13-19, 2010
Richard Weigle, certified insurance counselor for Ferguson Financial Group in Pecatonica, Ill., was honored for his ongoing dedication to education and his commitment to excellence in the insurance profession. The society of Certified Insurance Counselors (CIC) recently presented him with an inscribed certificate. Weigle has maintained all update requirements for his CIC designation for 20 years, placing him in the top 1 percent of all insurance professionals in the country. The Society of CIC is an organization nationally recognized as a leading continuing education program of insurance professionals. … Lifescape Community Services’ chief operating officer, Manuel Carrasquillo, was honored by La Voz Latina as a 2010 recipient of the Latinos of Distinction Award. He was honored at the group’s annual dinner Tuesday, Oct. 5. During his 20 years with the U.S. Air Force, Carrasquillo earned four college degrees. He is active in the Rockford Area Society of Human Resources Management, is an adjunct instructor at Upper Iowa University and an affiliate instructor at NIU-Rockford. … William Decker recently joined Aqua-Aerobic Systems as vice president of customer service and aftermarket sales. Aqua-Aerobic Systems is a leader in the design, application and manufacture of wastewater treatment equipment and systems in the areas of biological processes, filtration, membranes, and control and monitoring systems. They are located in Loves Park.
From the Oct. 13-19, 2010 issue