- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
- ABC Supply acquires Siding World
Access not an issue for Beloit Regional Hospice
From press release
BELOIT, Wis.—Have no fears about access to the Eclipse Center Oct. 23 for Doves and Diamonds: Celebrate Hospice. The Eclipse Center parking lot is accessible via Eclipse Drive from the south or Henry Avenue from the north. The exciting evening will feature Little Vito and the Torpedos, a surprise jewelry giveaway courtesy of Brill Jewelers, a delicious hors d’oeuvre buffet, and a fantastic silent auction.
This is the only major fund-raising event sponsored by the organization each year. It allows supporters of the agency to come together in a festive environment, and it allows Beloit Regional Hospice to thank guests for sustaining the services provided to patients, families and the community. Tickets are $50 each and include a chance to win the surprise jewelry giveaway. To make a reservation or for more information, call (608) 363-7421. Tickets will also be available at the door the evening of the event.
Beloit Regional Hospice staff and volunteers are leaders in quality and compassion who seek to serve all who want and need their care. Through teamwork, they advocate for appropriate care while respecting the right of patients to choose their journey, and above all, hope is always embraced at the end of life. The nonprofit organization’s mission is, “To help make each moment of remaining life as full and comfortable as possible” for terminally-ill individuals and families in the counties of Boone, Green, Rock, Walworth and Winnebago. You can visit their website at www.beloitregionalhospice.com.
From the Oct. 20-26, 2010 issue