- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
Bride arrives by helicopter
Stacey Karen McAfee and Adam Reid Ciembronowicz tied the matrimonial knot Saturday, Oct. 16 at Halley Road Farm, northwest of Rockford in the company of about 150 witnesses. Top photo: In the foreground (from left), Brenna Bystrom, Evan, Samantha and Cheyenne Speer watch in wonderment as a helicopter approaches the wedding site and lands. To everyone’s amazement, from the helicopter stepped the bride, Stacey, with her father, Richard McAfee. After the surprise landing, the wedding was performed on the lawn by Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Bishop Brian Webb from the Beloit Ward. Stacey is the daughter of Dana McAfee (Rockton) and Richard (Kansas). Adam is the son of Matthew and Marion Ciembronowicz (deceased). Guests celebrated with dancing, helicopter rides and dinner catered by Savaglio’s Italian Foods & Desserts. Congratulations to the newlyweds!
From the Oct. 20-26, 2010 issue