- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Bride arrives by helicopter
Stacey Karen McAfee and Adam Reid Ciembronowicz tied the matrimonial knot Saturday, Oct. 16 at Halley Road Farm, northwest of Rockford in the company of about 150 witnesses. Top photo: In the foreground (from left), Brenna Bystrom, Evan, Samantha and Cheyenne Speer watch in wonderment as a helicopter approaches the wedding site and lands. To everyone’s amazement, from the helicopter stepped the bride, Stacey, with her father, Richard McAfee. After the surprise landing, the wedding was performed on the lawn by Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Bishop Brian Webb from the Beloit Ward. Stacey is the daughter of Dana McAfee (Rockton) and Richard (Kansas). Adam is the son of Matthew and Marion Ciembronowicz (deceased). Guests celebrated with dancing, helicopter rides and dinner catered by Savaglio’s Italian Foods & Desserts. Congratulations to the newlyweds!
From the Oct. 20-26, 2010 issue