- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Bride arrives by helicopter
Stacey Karen McAfee and Adam Reid Ciembronowicz tied the matrimonial knot Saturday, Oct. 16 at Halley Road Farm, northwest of Rockford in the company of about 150 witnesses. Top photo: In the foreground (from left), Brenna Bystrom, Evan, Samantha and Cheyenne Speer watch in wonderment as a helicopter approaches the wedding site and lands. To everyone’s amazement, from the helicopter stepped the bride, Stacey, with her father, Richard McAfee. After the surprise landing, the wedding was performed on the lawn by Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Bishop Brian Webb from the Beloit Ward. Stacey is the daughter of Dana McAfee (Rockton) and Richard (Kansas). Adam is the son of Matthew and Marion Ciembronowicz (deceased). Guests celebrated with dancing, helicopter rides and dinner catered by Savaglio’s Italian Foods & Desserts. Congratulations to the newlyweds!
From the Oct. 20-26, 2010 issue