- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Freeport Masonic Temple hosts Oktoberfest Oct. 24
From press release
FREEPORT, Ill.—The Freeport Masonic Temple will host its fourth annual Oktoberfest from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 24.
This festival features live dance band music, food, beer and other beverages. Bands include Hank’s Polka Boys, Monroe, Wis., (polka, traditional and country music); Zor Shrine Band, Madison, Wis.; German and Dixieland bands; and a tuba band (German beer hall music) on a rotational schedule. The Masonic Temple Crystal Room provides an excellent dance floor.
An entrance donation of $5 goes toward the cost of the bands and building. Once there, treat yourself to the truly German bill of fare of brats, sauerkraut and German potato salad, or as an alternative, coleslaw and potato chips for $5 per plate. Drinks are extra with keg beer costing $2.50 per glass and sodas and bottled water $1.
No requirement for advance tickets. Pay at the door. Questions? Call the Masonic Temple at (815) 233-0513. The Freeport Masonic Temple is at 305-315 W. Stephenson St., Freeport, Ill.
From the Oct. 20-26, 2010 issue