- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Freeport Masonic Temple hosts Oktoberfest Oct. 24
From press release
FREEPORT, Ill.—The Freeport Masonic Temple will host its fourth annual Oktoberfest from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 24.
This festival features live dance band music, food, beer and other beverages. Bands include Hank’s Polka Boys, Monroe, Wis., (polka, traditional and country music); Zor Shrine Band, Madison, Wis.; German and Dixieland bands; and a tuba band (German beer hall music) on a rotational schedule. The Masonic Temple Crystal Room provides an excellent dance floor.
An entrance donation of $5 goes toward the cost of the bands and building. Once there, treat yourself to the truly German bill of fare of brats, sauerkraut and German potato salad, or as an alternative, coleslaw and potato chips for $5 per plate. Drinks are extra with keg beer costing $2.50 per glass and sodas and bottled water $1.
No requirement for advance tickets. Pay at the door. Questions? Call the Masonic Temple at (815) 233-0513. The Freeport Masonic Temple is at 305-315 W. Stephenson St., Freeport, Ill.
From the Oct. 20-26, 2010 issue