- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Freeport Masonic Temple hosts Oktoberfest Oct. 24
From press release
FREEPORT, Ill.—The Freeport Masonic Temple will host its fourth annual Oktoberfest from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 24.
This festival features live dance band music, food, beer and other beverages. Bands include Hank’s Polka Boys, Monroe, Wis., (polka, traditional and country music); Zor Shrine Band, Madison, Wis.; German and Dixieland bands; and a tuba band (German beer hall music) on a rotational schedule. The Masonic Temple Crystal Room provides an excellent dance floor.
An entrance donation of $5 goes toward the cost of the bands and building. Once there, treat yourself to the truly German bill of fare of brats, sauerkraut and German potato salad, or as an alternative, coleslaw and potato chips for $5 per plate. Drinks are extra with keg beer costing $2.50 per glass and sodas and bottled water $1.
No requirement for advance tickets. Pay at the door. Questions? Call the Masonic Temple at (815) 233-0513. The Freeport Masonic Temple is at 305-315 W. Stephenson St., Freeport, Ill.
From the Oct. 20-26, 2010 issue