- TRRT Online Edition | May 6-12
- RRI: The Names frontman Dave Galluzzo
- Madigan sues companies of student loan debt scams
- State Roundup: Gambling expansion hearing highlights two possible bills
- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
Freeport Masonic Temple hosts Oktoberfest Oct. 24
From press release
FREEPORT, Ill.—The Freeport Masonic Temple will host its fourth annual Oktoberfest from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 24.
This festival features live dance band music, food, beer and other beverages. Bands include Hank’s Polka Boys, Monroe, Wis., (polka, traditional and country music); Zor Shrine Band, Madison, Wis.; German and Dixieland bands; and a tuba band (German beer hall music) on a rotational schedule. The Masonic Temple Crystal Room provides an excellent dance floor.
An entrance donation of $5 goes toward the cost of the bands and building. Once there, treat yourself to the truly German bill of fare of brats, sauerkraut and German potato salad, or as an alternative, coleslaw and potato chips for $5 per plate. Drinks are extra with keg beer costing $2.50 per glass and sodas and bottled water $1.
No requirement for advance tickets. Pay at the door. Questions? Call the Masonic Temple at (815) 233-0513. The Freeport Masonic Temple is at 305-315 W. Stephenson St., Freeport, Ill.
From the Oct. 20-26, 2010 issue