- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
Freeport Masonic Temple hosts Oktoberfest Oct. 24
From press release
FREEPORT, Ill.—The Freeport Masonic Temple will host its fourth annual Oktoberfest from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 24.
This festival features live dance band music, food, beer and other beverages. Bands include Hank’s Polka Boys, Monroe, Wis., (polka, traditional and country music); Zor Shrine Band, Madison, Wis.; German and Dixieland bands; and a tuba band (German beer hall music) on a rotational schedule. The Masonic Temple Crystal Room provides an excellent dance floor.
An entrance donation of $5 goes toward the cost of the bands and building. Once there, treat yourself to the truly German bill of fare of brats, sauerkraut and German potato salad, or as an alternative, coleslaw and potato chips for $5 per plate. Drinks are extra with keg beer costing $2.50 per glass and sodas and bottled water $1.
No requirement for advance tickets. Pay at the door. Questions? Call the Masonic Temple at (815) 233-0513. The Freeport Masonic Temple is at 305-315 W. Stephenson St., Freeport, Ill.
From the Oct. 20-26, 2010 issue