- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
Greater Rockford Italian American Association honors 2010 award recipients
From press release
The Greater Rockford Italian American Association (GRIAA) has announced its 2010 Italian Hall of Fame inductee and the recipients of its new special recognition awards.
The recipients were honored Saturday, Oct. 9, at GRIAA’s annual Italian Hall of Fame Banquet at Cliffbreakers Riverside Resort.
Joseph Bove was honored as 2010 Italian Hall of Fame inductee, and the following were recognized with special recognition awards: Lino Gnesda in art; Valentino DeCastris (Val Eddy) in music; Alphonso Graceffa (Al Grace) in music; Frank “Chico” DeCastris in sports; and Veto Santini in sports.
For nearly two decades, this annual event has honored local Italian Americans for their contributions to the community. The GRIAA Hall of Fame Committee selects the awardees, who are nominated by their friends, family, co-workers and the community at large.
For more information about the GRIAA, visit griaa.com.
From the Oct. 20-26, 2010 issue