- Responding to parents’ vaccine hesitance
- House turns to workers’ comp; workers, business interests testify
- Right-to-work not right for workers
- Several aspects of the Cubs bring optimism
- ‘Hogs handle Stars, move on to Grand Rapids
- TRRT Online Edition | May 6-12
- RRI: The Names frontman Dave Galluzzo
- Madigan sues companies of student loan debt scams
- State Roundup: Gambling expansion hearing highlights two possible bills
- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
Greater Rockford Italian American Association honors 2010 award recipients
From press release
The Greater Rockford Italian American Association (GRIAA) has announced its 2010 Italian Hall of Fame inductee and the recipients of its new special recognition awards.
The recipients were honored Saturday, Oct. 9, at GRIAA’s annual Italian Hall of Fame Banquet at Cliffbreakers Riverside Resort.
Joseph Bove was honored as 2010 Italian Hall of Fame inductee, and the following were recognized with special recognition awards: Lino Gnesda in art; Valentino DeCastris (Val Eddy) in music; Alphonso Graceffa (Al Grace) in music; Frank “Chico” DeCastris in sports; and Veto Santini in sports.
For nearly two decades, this annual event has honored local Italian Americans for their contributions to the community. The GRIAA Hall of Fame Committee selects the awardees, who are nominated by their friends, family, co-workers and the community at large.
For more information about the GRIAA, visit griaa.com.
From the Oct. 20-26, 2010 issue