- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Greater Rockford Italian American Association honors 2010 award recipients
From press release
The Greater Rockford Italian American Association (GRIAA) has announced its 2010 Italian Hall of Fame inductee and the recipients of its new special recognition awards.
The recipients were honored Saturday, Oct. 9, at GRIAA’s annual Italian Hall of Fame Banquet at Cliffbreakers Riverside Resort.
Joseph Bove was honored as 2010 Italian Hall of Fame inductee, and the following were recognized with special recognition awards: Lino Gnesda in art; Valentino DeCastris (Val Eddy) in music; Alphonso Graceffa (Al Grace) in music; Frank “Chico” DeCastris in sports; and Veto Santini in sports.
For nearly two decades, this annual event has honored local Italian Americans for their contributions to the community. The GRIAA Hall of Fame Committee selects the awardees, who are nominated by their friends, family, co-workers and the community at large.
For more information about the GRIAA, visit griaa.com.
From the Oct. 20-26, 2010 issue