- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Greater Rockford Italian American Association honors 2010 award recipients
From press release
The Greater Rockford Italian American Association (GRIAA) has announced its 2010 Italian Hall of Fame inductee and the recipients of its new special recognition awards.
The recipients were honored Saturday, Oct. 9, at GRIAA’s annual Italian Hall of Fame Banquet at Cliffbreakers Riverside Resort.
Joseph Bove was honored as 2010 Italian Hall of Fame inductee, and the following were recognized with special recognition awards: Lino Gnesda in art; Valentino DeCastris (Val Eddy) in music; Alphonso Graceffa (Al Grace) in music; Frank “Chico” DeCastris in sports; and Veto Santini in sports.
For nearly two decades, this annual event has honored local Italian Americans for their contributions to the community. The GRIAA Hall of Fame Committee selects the awardees, who are nominated by their friends, family, co-workers and the community at large.
For more information about the GRIAA, visit griaa.com.
From the Oct. 20-26, 2010 issue