- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Greater Rockford Italian American Association honors 2010 award recipients
From press release
The Greater Rockford Italian American Association (GRIAA) has announced its 2010 Italian Hall of Fame inductee and the recipients of its new special recognition awards.
The recipients were honored Saturday, Oct. 9, at GRIAA’s annual Italian Hall of Fame Banquet at Cliffbreakers Riverside Resort.
Joseph Bove was honored as 2010 Italian Hall of Fame inductee, and the following were recognized with special recognition awards: Lino Gnesda in art; Valentino DeCastris (Val Eddy) in music; Alphonso Graceffa (Al Grace) in music; Frank “Chico” DeCastris in sports; and Veto Santini in sports.
For nearly two decades, this annual event has honored local Italian Americans for their contributions to the community. The GRIAA Hall of Fame Committee selects the awardees, who are nominated by their friends, family, co-workers and the community at large.
For more information about the GRIAA, visit griaa.com.
From the Oct. 20-26, 2010 issue