- Comptroller: state payroll system antiquated
- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
‘Oktoberfest at Giovanni’s’ to benefit Rockford MELD
From press release
You’re invited to a fun event at “Oktoberfest at Giovanni’s” from 5:30-8:30 p.m., Friday, Oct. 22. The evening includes unique beers, brews and special Al’s Autumn Appetizers.
Cost is $20 per person with RSVP to (815) 398-6411 by Oct. 20, or $25 per person at the door. Giovanni’s Restaurant is at 610 N. Bell School Road in Rockford. Proceeds will benefit MELD programs for young families in our community.
Rockford MELD’s mission is “guiding young parents to build a strong family and lead a responsible life by providing shelter, education and life skills training.” MELD programs and services include: MELD Young Moms and Dads Parenting and Support Groups, MELD Homeless Shelter and Transitional Living, Education and Employment Program and Prevention Education for young families.
For more information about Oktoberfest or MELD, call the office at (815) 633-6353, ext. 10, or visit the website at rockfordmeld.org.
From the Oct. 20-26, 2010 issue