- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
‘Oktoberfest at Giovanni’s’ to benefit Rockford MELD
From press release
You’re invited to a fun event at “Oktoberfest at Giovanni’s” from 5:30-8:30 p.m., Friday, Oct. 22. The evening includes unique beers, brews and special Al’s Autumn Appetizers.
Cost is $20 per person with RSVP to (815) 398-6411 by Oct. 20, or $25 per person at the door. Giovanni’s Restaurant is at 610 N. Bell School Road in Rockford. Proceeds will benefit MELD programs for young families in our community.
Rockford MELD’s mission is “guiding young parents to build a strong family and lead a responsible life by providing shelter, education and life skills training.” MELD programs and services include: MELD Young Moms and Dads Parenting and Support Groups, MELD Homeless Shelter and Transitional Living, Education and Employment Program and Prevention Education for young families.
For more information about Oktoberfest or MELD, call the office at (815) 633-6353, ext. 10, or visit the website at rockfordmeld.org.
From the Oct. 20-26, 2010 issue