- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
‘Oktoberfest at Giovanni’s’ to benefit Rockford MELD
From press release
You’re invited to a fun event at “Oktoberfest at Giovanni’s” from 5:30-8:30 p.m., Friday, Oct. 22. The evening includes unique beers, brews and special Al’s Autumn Appetizers.
Cost is $20 per person with RSVP to (815) 398-6411 by Oct. 20, or $25 per person at the door. Giovanni’s Restaurant is at 610 N. Bell School Road in Rockford. Proceeds will benefit MELD programs for young families in our community.
Rockford MELD’s mission is “guiding young parents to build a strong family and lead a responsible life by providing shelter, education and life skills training.” MELD programs and services include: MELD Young Moms and Dads Parenting and Support Groups, MELD Homeless Shelter and Transitional Living, Education and Employment Program and Prevention Education for young families.
For more information about Oktoberfest or MELD, call the office at (815) 633-6353, ext. 10, or visit the website at rockfordmeld.org.
From the Oct. 20-26, 2010 issue