- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
Raw Energy: Aspartame–not so sweet
By Brenda Richter
Many of us have a sweet tooth. As we know, there are all kinds of ways to satisfy that craving. Ideally, raw fresh fruit is best. Unfortunately, that is not always what we choose.
I received an e-mail from a friend who reveals some information about the sweetener aspartame. I encourage you to view this video (the link is found below) and learn more.
Do you know what aspartame is? Aspartame is fecal matter of E-coli bacteria that was genetically engineered and fed toxic waste and then defecates aspartame. Some studies suggest aspartame causes and/or contributes to seizures, Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, leukemia, dizziness, confusion, hyperactivity in children, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, chronic fatique, hypothyroidism, menstrual changes, weight gain, severe PMS, anxiety, severe depression, aggression, ulcers, birth defects, lower birth weight, early birth, miscarriages and more! Almost every variety of gum has aspartame. Tons of packaged foods also have aspartame as an ingredient. Note: you can purchase gum without aspartame at a health food store.
Refined sugar, as well as many of those other alternative sweeteners, are not good for your health and contribute to our current health issues today. One may consider them as, per se, “poison.” Some better choices may be natural honey, stevia, agave or dates. It is so important for one’s best well-being to pull away and/or significantly decrease the amount of packaged foods and refined sweeteners in your diet.
Want something different than simple fruit and free from refined sugar or substitute sweeteners? Try out something decadent, deliciously easy and RAW. Recalibrate that sweet tooth! Learn more. Go to myrawenergy.com.
Brenda Richter is a graduate of Living Light Culinary Arts Institute, where she received her certification as a Raw Culinary Arts associate chef and instructor. She’s passionate about sharing the living foods lifestyle with others, and teaches raw culinary arts classes in the Rockford area.
From the Oct. 20-26, 2010 issue