- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Splash Bash adult beach party Oct. 23 at CoCo Key/Clock Tower
From press release
The Northern Illinois Parrot Head Club (NIPHC) (niphc.com) presents Splash Bash, an adult beach party, Saturday, Oct. 23, at CoCo Key Water Resort and Best Western Clock Tower Resort and Conference Center, 7801 E. State St., Rockford.
The party kicks off at CoCo Key at 8 p.m., with an adult-only beach party. Enjoy the feeling of hanging out in the tropics with hot tubs and water slides, or stay dry in the expanded lounge area and arcade. There will be plenty of Jimmy Buffett music, cheeseburgers in paradise, cash bar and more. Then, at 11 p.m., dance yourself dry because the party moves to the Wallingford Ballroom with Chicago’s party band, the Loose Screws, until 2 a.m.
Tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the door (ticket valid for both parties). Overnight packages, available for $109, include two party tickets. The event is for adults 21 and older only. Proceeds will be donated to both Noah’s Ark and PAWS Humane Society.
Get tickets in advance at the Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery, 7801 E. State St., Rockford, or visit NIPHC.com to purchase online or for more information. Overnight packages can be booked online at cocokeywaterresort.com/rockford or by calling (815) 398-6000.
The Best Western Clock Tower Resort and Conference Center will donate a portion of food, beverage and arcade sales from the event back to the NIPHC, PAWS Humane Society and Noah’s Ark.
From the Oct. 20-26, 2010 issue