- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
This week in The Times: Week of Oct. 20-26, 2010
AMCORE Foundation recently announced the donation of $50,000 to the United Way for early childhood education initiatives. The grant will fund a pilot project that will focus on one-on-one personal visits conducted by Parent Educators with families, usually in their home. The goal of the pilot program is to improve parental support of their child’s education, as well as increase school readiness and success for students. A key feature of the project is the “Parents as Teachers” curriculum. The curriculum content is based on reliable and current research in the areas of child development and has measurable results. … Clodius & Co. Jewelers recently announced the addition of Brian Tessman as its new store manager. Tessman is originally from the Madison, Wis., area and has lived his entire life in the Midwest. He is a 1987 graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, and has spent more than 22 years working in the jewelry industry. … Lifelong Oregon citizen Chris Mueller recently joined the board of directors of The Harvard State Bank, which has offices in Harvard, Hebron, Oregon and Rockford. Mueller is a financial representative with Country Financial in Oregon, Ill. … Doug Burton was promoted to online communications manager with KMK Media Group Inc., a full-service advertising agency in Rockford. Burton will provide clients with a holistic business approach to their Internet presence, as well as overseeing KMK’s website projects and social media marketing.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Oct. 20-26, 2010 issue