- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
This week in The Times: Week of Oct. 20-26, 2010
AMCORE Foundation recently announced the donation of $50,000 to the United Way for early childhood education initiatives. The grant will fund a pilot project that will focus on one-on-one personal visits conducted by Parent Educators with families, usually in their home. The goal of the pilot program is to improve parental support of their child’s education, as well as increase school readiness and success for students. A key feature of the project is the “Parents as Teachers” curriculum. The curriculum content is based on reliable and current research in the areas of child development and has measurable results. … Clodius & Co. Jewelers recently announced the addition of Brian Tessman as its new store manager. Tessman is originally from the Madison, Wis., area and has lived his entire life in the Midwest. He is a 1987 graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, and has spent more than 22 years working in the jewelry industry. … Lifelong Oregon citizen Chris Mueller recently joined the board of directors of The Harvard State Bank, which has offices in Harvard, Hebron, Oregon and Rockford. Mueller is a financial representative with Country Financial in Oregon, Ill. … Doug Burton was promoted to online communications manager with KMK Media Group Inc., a full-service advertising agency in Rockford. Burton will provide clients with a holistic business approach to their Internet presence, as well as overseeing KMK’s website projects and social media marketing.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Oct. 20-26, 2010 issue