- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
YWCA presents ‘Wine, Women & Purses’ Nov. 13
The YWCA of Rockford invites you to a special “girls’ night out” from 6-8:30 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 13, at Giovanni’s Restaurant & Convention Center.
With the theme “Wine, Women & Purses,” this not-to-be-missed benefit event will offer a delightful wine tasting/appetizer pairing. Wine enthusiasts, both experienced and novice, will have an opportunity to taste an exciting array of wines and sample delicious hors d’oeuvres. The event will include live music as you peruse the latest in chic, stylish handbags and other elegant items, all thoughtfully selected and displayed for women with sophisticated taste.
Shop for yourself and for those friends and family members on your holiday gift list. A silent auction will take place with items every wine connoisseur needs and every guest will want to take home. The proceeds will enable the YWCA of Rockford to provide programming and advocacies for more than 6,000 women, children and families monthly.
Online registration will be available through Oct. 25 at ywca.org/rockford. General tickets are $50, YWCA member price is $45.
From the Oct. 20-26, 2010 issue