- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
100th birthday celebration for Woodsy Perteete Oct. 30
From press release
Winnebago County Board Chairman Scott Christiansen (R) has announced the 100-year birthday celebration for Woodsy Perteete.
Woodsy was born Nov. 2, 1910, in Vaiden, Miss., and moved to Rockford in 1947. She was one of 12 children; married to Fred Perteete; mother of 12 children; and the grandmother and great-grandmother to many.
Perteete is the mother of former county board member and current Rockford Police and Fire Commissioner Henrietta Dotson-Williams. She is also the grandmother of Winnebago County Board Deputy Administrator Earl Dotson Jr.
Woodsy loves to play bingo, cook and is an extraordinary seamstress.
Christiansen said, “Ms. Perteete is a remarkable centenarian, and her 100th birthday is truly a historic occasion that deserves community recognition and our admiration of her longevity.”
The birthday party will be Saturday, Oct. 30, at Sam’s Ristorante, 6075 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, Ill. The birthday festivities are open to the public beginning at 6 p.m.
From the Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2010 issue