- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
100th birthday celebration for Woodsy Perteete Oct. 30
From press release
Winnebago County Board Chairman Scott Christiansen (R) has announced the 100-year birthday celebration for Woodsy Perteete.
Woodsy was born Nov. 2, 1910, in Vaiden, Miss., and moved to Rockford in 1947. She was one of 12 children; married to Fred Perteete; mother of 12 children; and the grandmother and great-grandmother to many.
Perteete is the mother of former county board member and current Rockford Police and Fire Commissioner Henrietta Dotson-Williams. She is also the grandmother of Winnebago County Board Deputy Administrator Earl Dotson Jr.
Woodsy loves to play bingo, cook and is an extraordinary seamstress.
Christiansen said, “Ms. Perteete is a remarkable centenarian, and her 100th birthday is truly a historic occasion that deserves community recognition and our admiration of her longevity.”
The birthday party will be Saturday, Oct. 30, at Sam’s Ristorante, 6075 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, Ill. The birthday festivities are open to the public beginning at 6 p.m.
From the Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2010 issue