- IceHogs drop Wolves 4-3 at home
- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
100th birthday celebration for Woodsy Perteete Oct. 30
From press release
Winnebago County Board Chairman Scott Christiansen (R) has announced the 100-year birthday celebration for Woodsy Perteete.
Woodsy was born Nov. 2, 1910, in Vaiden, Miss., and moved to Rockford in 1947. She was one of 12 children; married to Fred Perteete; mother of 12 children; and the grandmother and great-grandmother to many.
Perteete is the mother of former county board member and current Rockford Police and Fire Commissioner Henrietta Dotson-Williams. She is also the grandmother of Winnebago County Board Deputy Administrator Earl Dotson Jr.
Woodsy loves to play bingo, cook and is an extraordinary seamstress.
Christiansen said, “Ms. Perteete is a remarkable centenarian, and her 100th birthday is truly a historic occasion that deserves community recognition and our admiration of her longevity.”
The birthday party will be Saturday, Oct. 30, at Sam’s Ristorante, 6075 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, Ill. The birthday festivities are open to the public beginning at 6 p.m.
From the Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2010 issue