- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
100th birthday celebration for Woodsy Perteete Oct. 30
From press release
Winnebago County Board Chairman Scott Christiansen (R) has announced the 100-year birthday celebration for Woodsy Perteete.
Woodsy was born Nov. 2, 1910, in Vaiden, Miss., and moved to Rockford in 1947. She was one of 12 children; married to Fred Perteete; mother of 12 children; and the grandmother and great-grandmother to many.
Perteete is the mother of former county board member and current Rockford Police and Fire Commissioner Henrietta Dotson-Williams. She is also the grandmother of Winnebago County Board Deputy Administrator Earl Dotson Jr.
Woodsy loves to play bingo, cook and is an extraordinary seamstress.
Christiansen said, “Ms. Perteete is a remarkable centenarian, and her 100th birthday is truly a historic occasion that deserves community recognition and our admiration of her longevity.”
The birthday party will be Saturday, Oct. 30, at Sam’s Ristorante, 6075 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, Ill. The birthday festivities are open to the public beginning at 6 p.m.
From the Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2010 issue