- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
100th birthday celebration for Woodsy Perteete Oct. 30
From press release
Winnebago County Board Chairman Scott Christiansen (R) has announced the 100-year birthday celebration for Woodsy Perteete.
Woodsy was born Nov. 2, 1910, in Vaiden, Miss., and moved to Rockford in 1947. She was one of 12 children; married to Fred Perteete; mother of 12 children; and the grandmother and great-grandmother to many.
Perteete is the mother of former county board member and current Rockford Police and Fire Commissioner Henrietta Dotson-Williams. She is also the grandmother of Winnebago County Board Deputy Administrator Earl Dotson Jr.
Woodsy loves to play bingo, cook and is an extraordinary seamstress.
Christiansen said, “Ms. Perteete is a remarkable centenarian, and her 100th birthday is truly a historic occasion that deserves community recognition and our admiration of her longevity.”
The birthday party will be Saturday, Oct. 30, at Sam’s Ristorante, 6075 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, Ill. The birthday festivities are open to the public beginning at 6 p.m.
From the Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2010 issue