- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
Day of the Dead celebration set for Nov. 2
Ethnic Heritage Museum, 1129 S. Main St., presents special altar to honor deceased loved ones
From press release
A celebration of the Day of the Dead takes place at the Hispanic Gallery of the Ethnic Heritage Museum, 1129 S. Main St., at 6 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 2.
A special altar will honor deceased loved ones, as is the tradition in Mexico. A description of the items on the altar and their meaning will be available.
Visitors will have the opportunity to bring a picture or something meaningful for the deceased to add to the altar prior to the ceremony. A special prayer will be conducted in Spanish.
Everyone is welcome to attend and participate. The program will run 6-7 p.m. There is no charge for admission.
From the Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2010 issue