- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
Day of the Dead celebration set for Nov. 2
Ethnic Heritage Museum, 1129 S. Main St., presents special altar to honor deceased loved ones
From press release
A celebration of the Day of the Dead takes place at the Hispanic Gallery of the Ethnic Heritage Museum, 1129 S. Main St., at 6 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 2.
A special altar will honor deceased loved ones, as is the tradition in Mexico. A description of the items on the altar and their meaning will be available.
Visitors will have the opportunity to bring a picture or something meaningful for the deceased to add to the altar prior to the ceremony. A special prayer will be conducted in Spanish.
Everyone is welcome to attend and participate. The program will run 6-7 p.m. There is no charge for admission.
From the Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2010 issue