- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Day of the Dead celebration set for Nov. 2
Ethnic Heritage Museum, 1129 S. Main St., presents special altar to honor deceased loved ones
From press release
A celebration of the Day of the Dead takes place at the Hispanic Gallery of the Ethnic Heritage Museum, 1129 S. Main St., at 6 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 2.
A special altar will honor deceased loved ones, as is the tradition in Mexico. A description of the items on the altar and their meaning will be available.
Visitors will have the opportunity to bring a picture or something meaningful for the deceased to add to the altar prior to the ceremony. A special prayer will be conducted in Spanish.
Everyone is welcome to attend and participate. The program will run 6-7 p.m. There is no charge for admission.
From the Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2010 issue