- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Day of the Dead celebration set for Nov. 2
Ethnic Heritage Museum, 1129 S. Main St., presents special altar to honor deceased loved ones
From press release
A celebration of the Day of the Dead takes place at the Hispanic Gallery of the Ethnic Heritage Museum, 1129 S. Main St., at 6 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 2.
A special altar will honor deceased loved ones, as is the tradition in Mexico. A description of the items on the altar and their meaning will be available.
Visitors will have the opportunity to bring a picture or something meaningful for the deceased to add to the altar prior to the ceremony. A special prayer will be conducted in Spanish.
Everyone is welcome to attend and participate. The program will run 6-7 p.m. There is no charge for admission.
From the Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2010 issue