- Responding to parents’ vaccine hesitance
- House turns to workers’ comp; workers, business interests testify
- Right-to-work not right for workers
- Several aspects of the Cubs bring optimism
- ‘Hogs handle Stars, move on to Grand Rapids
- TRRT Online Edition | May 6-12
- RRI: The Names frontman Dave Galluzzo
- Madigan sues companies of student loan debt scams
- State Roundup: Gambling expansion hearing highlights two possible bills
- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
Day of the Dead celebration set for Nov. 2
Ethnic Heritage Museum, 1129 S. Main St., presents special altar to honor deceased loved ones
From press release
A celebration of the Day of the Dead takes place at the Hispanic Gallery of the Ethnic Heritage Museum, 1129 S. Main St., at 6 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 2.
A special altar will honor deceased loved ones, as is the tradition in Mexico. A description of the items on the altar and their meaning will be available.
Visitors will have the opportunity to bring a picture or something meaningful for the deceased to add to the altar prior to the ceremony. A special prayer will be conducted in Spanish.
Everyone is welcome to attend and participate. The program will run 6-7 p.m. There is no charge for admission.
From the Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2010 issue