- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Family-friendly Halloween Ball in Leaf River Oct. 30
From press release
LEAF RIVER, Ill.—Save the date Oct. 30! Choose your costume carefully, and make a date with your best ghoul—ahem, girl—for the First Leaf River Halloween Ball. A DJ will conjure all-ages music for the party-goers at the River Valley Complex in Leaf River, the town’s former grade school, on the south end of town.
“Even if you grew up in this school, you will not recognize it when the spirit of Halloween takes over,” chortles Donna Kuntzelman, prime mover behind the Ball. “We’ll have music for dancing, some scary tricks, and a few surprises.” A quiet children’s area will be staffed for play and a bit of a nap while parents dance and enjoy the spooks.
The Halloween Ball begins at 8 p.m., but will end at 11 p.m. so everyone can get home before the witching hour. Adult tickets are $5, and for children younger than 14, $3. You can feast on tasty treats at the concessions, or indulge your sweet tooth at the bake sale.
For more information, call Donna Kuntzelman at (815) 222-7238. This is a family-friendly event; no alcohol allowed on the premises.
From the Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2010 issue