- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Family-friendly Halloween Ball in Leaf River Oct. 30
From press release
LEAF RIVER, Ill.—Save the date Oct. 30! Choose your costume carefully, and make a date with your best ghoul—ahem, girl—for the First Leaf River Halloween Ball. A DJ will conjure all-ages music for the party-goers at the River Valley Complex in Leaf River, the town’s former grade school, on the south end of town.
“Even if you grew up in this school, you will not recognize it when the spirit of Halloween takes over,” chortles Donna Kuntzelman, prime mover behind the Ball. “We’ll have music for dancing, some scary tricks, and a few surprises.” A quiet children’s area will be staffed for play and a bit of a nap while parents dance and enjoy the spooks.
The Halloween Ball begins at 8 p.m., but will end at 11 p.m. so everyone can get home before the witching hour. Adult tickets are $5, and for children younger than 14, $3. You can feast on tasty treats at the concessions, or indulge your sweet tooth at the bake sale.
For more information, call Donna Kuntzelman at (815) 222-7238. This is a family-friendly event; no alcohol allowed on the premises.
From the Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2010 issue