- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Loves Park firefighters to hold pancake breakfast
From press release
The Loves Park Fireman’s Association will hold its Fifth Annual Pancake Breakfast from 7 a.m. to noon, Sunday, Nov. 7, at Loves Park City Hall, 100 Heart Blvd. It’s an all-you-can-eat breakfast for $5, and children 5 years and younger eat free.
Firefighter Nick Smith said the proceeds “go into our Association fund, and we will take it and sometimes in the springtime, we will donate money to sponsor teams for the Boys Club and things like that. Or we will buy things for the fire department for training.”
The event drew 175 people last year, and they’re hoping for even more this year. Smith added, “There will be bacon, eggs, sausage, milk, coffee, and orange juice. It’s our fifth year, and it’s getting bigger and better every year. It’s great food at a great price. We hope you can come out and enjoy a nice breakfast at a great price.”
From the Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2010 issue