- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Miles Nielsen returns to Kryptonite for Halloween show
By Jim Hagerty
Miles Nielsen isn’t letting a busy touring and recording agenda stop him from celebrating Halloween in Rockford. Nielsen and band, The Rusted Hearts, will play a high-profile show Friday, Oct. 29, at Kryptonite Music Lounge.
Nielsen is fresh off a string of dates and sessions for the followup to Miles, which continues to receive favorable reviews. His live shows have become known across the country for their vocally-charged Beatleseque tunes backed by a host of versatile players. The Rusted Hearts are Daniel McMahon, Adam Plamann, Andrew Scarpaci, Micky Rosenquist and several others.
Miles Nielsen is also slated to join Ernie Hendrickson and Darren Garvey for the Third Annual Thanksgiving Eve Holiday Concert at Sullivan Theater (former New American Theater) Wednesday, Nov. 24.
Friday’s show starts at 9 p.m. Kyrptonite Music Lounge is at 308 W. State St. Advanced tickets can be purchased at kyrptonitebar.com. The club can be reached at (815) 965-0931.
From the Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2010 issue