- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Outdoor City Market a big hit with summer and Halloween
It was the last Friday City Market Oct. 22, and they went out with a great costume parade! The Rockford City Market, which offered fresh, locally-grown produce and other local and regional products, “ran for 20 weeks from June 11 through Oct. 23,” said Cathy McDermott, administrator for Rock River Development Corporation. The hours were 3 to 7 p.m. every Friday.
From the Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2010 issue