- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Paranormal tour at Tinker Swiss Cottage Oct. 29
From press release
Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum and Gardens is celebrating the month of October by offering unique tours of Tinker Swiss Cottage. Because of the popularity of the opportunity, Tinker has added a tour for 7 p.m., Friday, Oct. 29.
The evening tour will be hosted in conjunction with the Forest City Paranormal Society and will feature information about paranormal research and its methodology.
Beneath the surface of most societies is a subconscious desire to explore beyond the physical world. Those who participate in such explorations believe that, in so doing, they may understand better the material world in which we live. This was the case in the Victorian era, and is still true today.
Tinker Swiss Cottage will be decorated with the traditional Victorian “mourning” style honoring the death of Mary Dorr Manny Tinker in 1901. The Victorian funeral items are on loan from Tara Blazer, and the casket is on loan from the Grace Funeral and Cremation Services.
The cost of the tours is $15 for adults, and reservations must be made for the tour in advance by calling (815) 964-2424. The tour will begin in the Tinker Visitor Center. The regular tour schedule, with tours at 1, 2 and 3 p.m., Tuesday-Sunday, will continue through Dec. 23.
For more information about Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum and Gardens, an affiliate of the Rockford Park District and located at 411 Kent St., Rockford, visit the Tinker website at tinkercottage.org, e-mail email@example.com or call (815) 964-2424.
From the Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2010 issue