- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
- BREAKING: Rauner vetoes state budget
Paranormal tour at Tinker Swiss Cottage Oct. 29
From press release
Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum and Gardens is celebrating the month of October by offering unique tours of Tinker Swiss Cottage. Because of the popularity of the opportunity, Tinker has added a tour for 7 p.m., Friday, Oct. 29.
The evening tour will be hosted in conjunction with the Forest City Paranormal Society and will feature information about paranormal research and its methodology.
Beneath the surface of most societies is a subconscious desire to explore beyond the physical world. Those who participate in such explorations believe that, in so doing, they may understand better the material world in which we live. This was the case in the Victorian era, and is still true today.
Tinker Swiss Cottage will be decorated with the traditional Victorian “mourning” style honoring the death of Mary Dorr Manny Tinker in 1901. The Victorian funeral items are on loan from Tara Blazer, and the casket is on loan from the Grace Funeral and Cremation Services.
The cost of the tours is $15 for adults, and reservations must be made for the tour in advance by calling (815) 964-2424. The tour will begin in the Tinker Visitor Center. The regular tour schedule, with tours at 1, 2 and 3 p.m., Tuesday-Sunday, will continue through Dec. 23.
For more information about Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum and Gardens, an affiliate of the Rockford Park District and located at 411 Kent St., Rockford, visit the Tinker website at tinkercottage.org, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (815) 964-2424.
From the Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2010 issue