- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Symphony presents Halloween Pops Oct. 30 at Coronado
From press release
The Rockford Symphony Orchestra (RSO) and the Coronado Performing Arts Center (CPAC) present Halloween Pops at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 30, at the Coronado Performing Arts Center, 314 N. Main St., Rockford. The performance will feature spooky and creepy musical classics and actor Joshua Kane, renowned for his performances of works by Edgar Allan Poe.
Audiences will enjoy The Monster Mash, Psycho and the theme from Alfred Hitchcock Presents, as well as classics such as Danse Macabre, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice and March to the Scaffold from Symphonie Fantastique. Kane will perform works with the orchestra, in addition to solo interpretations of Edgar Allan Poe and Charles Dickens. Audience members are encouraged to get into the spirit of the event and attend in costume.
RSO and CPAC are sharing resources to present this entertaining performance with a lower ticket price than a standard RSO concert.
“By partnering for this concert, we hope to open the doors to those who haven’t tried an RSO concert or haven’t been to the Coronado in a while,” said RSO Executive Director Julie McDonough. “We couldn’t have a better combination for a fun Halloween evening than creepy music and the legendary setting of the Coronado.”
Tickets for this performance are available online at rockfordsymphony.com and both RSO (815-965-0049) and CPAC (815-968-0595) box offices. Ticket prices range from $15 to $35. Student tickets are $6.
In addition to the concert, the RSO and CPAC will present a free pre-concert event with New York City actor Joshua Kane titled “Edgar Allan Poe’s Tales of Terror: A Dramatic Reading.” The event will be in the Riverfront Museum Park Theater at 7:39 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 28. RSVPs to firstname.lastname@example.org are encouraged, but not required.
From the Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2010 issue