- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
To the Editor: Forest Preserve Board candidate explains her views
Last week, the Rockford Register Star chose seven people to be elected to the Forest Preserve Board of Commissioners. I am asking you, the voting public, to choose for yourself.
You may go to http://www.wcfpd.org/candidates to get information from the candidates; some of them did not respond. Some are lengthy, and some are short and to the point. I wish I knew them better, as it is very hard to choose. We need a good balance.
I hope those not elected can be on committees.
I would guess everybody wants to serve the public. I would guess they all enjoy things to do outdoors. I would guess they all have talents that can be put to good use. Now, we have to guess which seven have the ability to make the right decisions.
I am not writing this letter to get your vote. If I’m not elected, you may be doing me a favor. I have polymalgia and am busy enough already.
I did not answer the Register Star questionnaire because I do not have a computer, and they could not e-mail me.
Also, I did not tell Stan Campbell that I don’t go out after 7 p.m. I said, “I like to be home before dark.”
Helen C. Yetterberg
From the Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2010 issue