- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
To the Editor: Forest Preserve Board candidate explains her views
Last week, the Rockford Register Star chose seven people to be elected to the Forest Preserve Board of Commissioners. I am asking you, the voting public, to choose for yourself.
You may go to http://www.wcfpd.org/candidates to get information from the candidates; some of them did not respond. Some are lengthy, and some are short and to the point. I wish I knew them better, as it is very hard to choose. We need a good balance.
I hope those not elected can be on committees.
I would guess everybody wants to serve the public. I would guess they all enjoy things to do outdoors. I would guess they all have talents that can be put to good use. Now, we have to guess which seven have the ability to make the right decisions.
I am not writing this letter to get your vote. If I’m not elected, you may be doing me a favor. I have polymalgia and am busy enough already.
I did not answer the Register Star questionnaire because I do not have a computer, and they could not e-mail me.
Also, I did not tell Stan Campbell that I don’t go out after 7 p.m. I said, “I like to be home before dark.”
Helen C. Yetterberg
From the Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2010 issue