- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
To the Editor: Vote for Jordan Gallagher in DeKalb
I have been a lifelong Republican, served 25 years as a police officer, now retired, and currently work in the DeKalb County courthouse. I am voting for Jordan Gallagher for 16th Judicial Circuit judge and strongly encourage the voters of DeKalb County to join me.
I am supporting Jordan Gallagher based on his knowledge of the law, his experience as a prosecutor, private attorney and his current performance as an associate judge. This race is not about personal qualities of the candidates. Both are good men who have lived in DeKalb County and made many contributions to their communities. Both men have life experiences that contribute to who they are today. However, the decision of which person to vote for should be made solely on the qualifications and judicial experience of the candidate.
Jordan Gallagher is the only candidate highly recommended twice by the Kane County Bar Association and recommended by the Illinois State Bar Association. He is the only candidate endorsed by the Chicago Tribune in this general election.
I have spent a career in law enforcement and seen many trials handled by many judges. Jordan Gallagher stands out as an exceptional judge not only in his knowledge of the law but his demeanor on the bench towards all participants in a case.
Base your vote as I do on his qualifications, experience as a sitting judge, prosecutor, private attorney and an administrator. All indicate the best of the only candidate to consider.
From the Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2010 issue