- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Author discusses ‘Where Am I Wearing?’ Nov. 8 at Rockford College
From press release
The author of a book tracing where our clothes are made around the world will describe his adventures in a talk at Rockford College at 7 p.m., Nov. 8, in the college’s Maddox Theatre.
Kelsey Timmerman wrote Where Am I Wearing? A Global Tour to the Countries, Factories and People That Make Our Clothes. In his talk “Where Am I Wearing?”, he relates his interactions with people around the world, from garment workers in Cambodia to lobster divers in Nicaragua.
Timmerman says he tries to connect people through words and pictures and that if we can reduce global issues to the stories of individual people, we can better understand ourselves and others.
His talk, part of the college’s Forum Series, is free and open to the public, although tickets are required and may be picked up at the college’s box office in the
Clark Arts Center.
For more, call the box office at (815) 226-4100 or see www.rockford.edu/?page=ForumSeries.
From the Nov. 3-9, 2010 issue