- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Clock Tower hosts mixed martial arts event Nov. 27
From press release
Best Western Clock Tower Resort has announced it will host yet another unique event: mixed martial arts (MMA) cage fighting. The Rumble at the Resort is scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 27, in the Wallingford Ballroom of the Clock Tower and is presented by the Clock Tower Resort and the Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery.
The event will feature 20 of the best MMA competitors from around the stateline battling it out in a 20-foot-wide circular cage. The fighters will compete in bouts scheduled for three rounds, with each round scheduled for 3 minutes. The bouts will follow the standard Unified Rules of Mixed Martial Arts. Some of the fighters scheduled to appear include Anthony Goodwin, Damian Norris, Andrew Navickis, Jeremy Cuttill and Mike Turnmine.
The promoters for the Rumble at the Resort have a long history of successful involvement with martial arts in the Rockford community and beyond. Promoter Clay Goodman has been a judge for UFC, WEC, Strike Force and Bellatore, and is also owner and CEO of Kage Concepts, which supplies services and equipment for mixed martial arts events. Todd Green, co-promoter of the event, is a renowned trainer of world champions and has trained some of the greatest fighters to come out of the Rockford area including Troy “Hollywood” Hughes, “Mean” Mike LaBree, “Bad” Brad Hefton and Mike Nevitt.
“We are very excited to be bringing the Rumble to the Clock Tower,” Goodman said. “We have been promoting Rumble events since 2005, and each year the event has outgrown its predecessor. The Clock Tower and Tilted Kilt are a perfect fit, providing a venue large enough to meet the growing popularity of the event as well as providing the promotional partnership to ensure the event’s success.”
Doors open for Rumble at the Resort at 5 p.m., and fights start at 7 p.m., Nov. 27. Tickets start at $25 and are on sale at the Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery or by phone at (815) 742-1982.
The Best Western Clock Tower Resort and Conference Center is at 7801 E. State St., Rockford. For more information about the Clock Tower, visit clocktowerresort.com. For more information about the Tilted Kilt, visit tiltedkiltrockford.com.
From the Nov. 3-9, 2010 issue