- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
Habitat for Humanity ReStore seeks more volunteers
From press release
Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity (RAHFH) ReStore is in need of more volunteers at the Habitat ReStore in North Towne Mall in Rockford.
The ReStore, which donates all profits to the Habitat for Humanity building program, puts back into use surplus and gently-used building materials, keeping them out of our landfills. The store hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Wednesdays through Fridays. Saturday hours will be 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Volunteers may assist customers, help with staging donations, sorting and pricing donations, or aid staff with donation pick-up and drop-off. Although volunteers can help any day, the volunteer need is especially high on Saturdays.
RAHFH is committed to building simple, decent, affordable homes to be sold to qualified low-income families in our community. Volunteers have completed 89 Habitat homes since incorporating in 1988.
To learn more about volunteering or donating items to the ReSotore, call (815) 713-3184 or go to rockfordhabitat.org.
From the Nov. 3-9, 2010 issue