- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Habitat for Humanity ReStore seeks more volunteers
From press release
Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity (RAHFH) ReStore is in need of more volunteers at the Habitat ReStore in North Towne Mall in Rockford.
The ReStore, which donates all profits to the Habitat for Humanity building program, puts back into use surplus and gently-used building materials, keeping them out of our landfills. The store hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Wednesdays through Fridays. Saturday hours will be 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Volunteers may assist customers, help with staging donations, sorting and pricing donations, or aid staff with donation pick-up and drop-off. Although volunteers can help any day, the volunteer need is especially high on Saturdays.
RAHFH is committed to building simple, decent, affordable homes to be sold to qualified low-income families in our community. Volunteers have completed 89 Habitat homes since incorporating in 1988.
To learn more about volunteering or donating items to the ReSotore, call (815) 713-3184 or go to rockfordhabitat.org.
From the Nov. 3-9, 2010 issue