- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Habitat for Humanity ReStore seeks more volunteers
From press release
Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity (RAHFH) ReStore is in need of more volunteers at the Habitat ReStore in North Towne Mall in Rockford.
The ReStore, which donates all profits to the Habitat for Humanity building program, puts back into use surplus and gently-used building materials, keeping them out of our landfills. The store hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Wednesdays through Fridays. Saturday hours will be 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Volunteers may assist customers, help with staging donations, sorting and pricing donations, or aid staff with donation pick-up and drop-off. Although volunteers can help any day, the volunteer need is especially high on Saturdays.
RAHFH is committed to building simple, decent, affordable homes to be sold to qualified low-income families in our community. Volunteers have completed 89 Habitat homes since incorporating in 1988.
To learn more about volunteering or donating items to the ReSotore, call (815) 713-3184 or go to rockfordhabitat.org.
From the Nov. 3-9, 2010 issue