- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Habitat for Humanity ReStore seeks more volunteers
From press release
Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity (RAHFH) ReStore is in need of more volunteers at the Habitat ReStore in North Towne Mall in Rockford.
The ReStore, which donates all profits to the Habitat for Humanity building program, puts back into use surplus and gently-used building materials, keeping them out of our landfills. The store hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Wednesdays through Fridays. Saturday hours will be 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Volunteers may assist customers, help with staging donations, sorting and pricing donations, or aid staff with donation pick-up and drop-off. Although volunteers can help any day, the volunteer need is especially high on Saturdays.
RAHFH is committed to building simple, decent, affordable homes to be sold to qualified low-income families in our community. Volunteers have completed 89 Habitat homes since incorporating in 1988.
To learn more about volunteering or donating items to the ReSotore, call (815) 713-3184 or go to rockfordhabitat.org.
From the Nov. 3-9, 2010 issue