- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Habitat for Humanity ReStore seeks more volunteers
From press release
Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity (RAHFH) ReStore is in need of more volunteers at the Habitat ReStore in North Towne Mall in Rockford.
The ReStore, which donates all profits to the Habitat for Humanity building program, puts back into use surplus and gently-used building materials, keeping them out of our landfills. The store hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Wednesdays through Fridays. Saturday hours will be 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Volunteers may assist customers, help with staging donations, sorting and pricing donations, or aid staff with donation pick-up and drop-off. Although volunteers can help any day, the volunteer need is especially high on Saturdays.
RAHFH is committed to building simple, decent, affordable homes to be sold to qualified low-income families in our community. Volunteers have completed 89 Habitat homes since incorporating in 1988.
To learn more about volunteering or donating items to the ReSotore, call (815) 713-3184 or go to rockfordhabitat.org.
From the Nov. 3-9, 2010 issue