- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
Smash your pumpkin at Discovery Center Nov. 7
From press release
Calling all jack-o’-lanterns! Dead pumpkins become parking lot projectiles when flung from Discovery Center’s giant catapult from 1 to 4 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 7, for Smashing Pumpkins.
Send your jack-o’-lantern flying through the air with the trebuchet, a counterweight catapult used in medieval times. Create your own miniature catapult and learn how to lob. Take part in various fall arts and crafts activities.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. General admission to the museum is $7 adults, $7 children (ages 2-17) and free to children younger than 2 and museum members.
Hours open are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Saturday; noon-5 p.m., Sunday.
For more information, call (815) 963-6769 or log on to discoverycentermuseum.org.
From the Nov. 3-9, 2010 issue