- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Smash your pumpkin at Discovery Center Nov. 7
From press release
Calling all jack-o’-lanterns! Dead pumpkins become parking lot projectiles when flung from Discovery Center’s giant catapult from 1 to 4 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 7, for Smashing Pumpkins.
Send your jack-o’-lantern flying through the air with the trebuchet, a counterweight catapult used in medieval times. Create your own miniature catapult and learn how to lob. Take part in various fall arts and crafts activities.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. General admission to the museum is $7 adults, $7 children (ages 2-17) and free to children younger than 2 and museum members.
Hours open are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Saturday; noon-5 p.m., Sunday.
For more information, call (815) 963-6769 or log on to discoverycentermuseum.org.
From the Nov. 3-9, 2010 issue