- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Smash your pumpkin at Discovery Center Nov. 7
From press release
Calling all jack-o’-lanterns! Dead pumpkins become parking lot projectiles when flung from Discovery Center’s giant catapult from 1 to 4 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 7, for Smashing Pumpkins.
Send your jack-o’-lantern flying through the air with the trebuchet, a counterweight catapult used in medieval times. Create your own miniature catapult and learn how to lob. Take part in various fall arts and crafts activities.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. General admission to the museum is $7 adults, $7 children (ages 2-17) and free to children younger than 2 and museum members.
Hours open are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Saturday; noon-5 p.m., Sunday.
For more information, call (815) 963-6769 or log on to discoverycentermuseum.org.
From the Nov. 3-9, 2010 issue