- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Smash your pumpkin at Discovery Center Nov. 7
From press release
Calling all jack-o’-lanterns! Dead pumpkins become parking lot projectiles when flung from Discovery Center’s giant catapult from 1 to 4 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 7, for Smashing Pumpkins.
Send your jack-o’-lantern flying through the air with the trebuchet, a counterweight catapult used in medieval times. Create your own miniature catapult and learn how to lob. Take part in various fall arts and crafts activities.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. General admission to the museum is $7 adults, $7 children (ages 2-17) and free to children younger than 2 and museum members.
Hours open are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Saturday; noon-5 p.m., Sunday.
For more information, call (815) 963-6769 or log on to discoverycentermuseum.org.
From the Nov. 3-9, 2010 issue