- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Smash your pumpkin at Discovery Center Nov. 7
From press release
Calling all jack-o’-lanterns! Dead pumpkins become parking lot projectiles when flung from Discovery Center’s giant catapult from 1 to 4 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 7, for Smashing Pumpkins.
Send your jack-o’-lantern flying through the air with the trebuchet, a counterweight catapult used in medieval times. Create your own miniature catapult and learn how to lob. Take part in various fall arts and crafts activities.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. General admission to the museum is $7 adults, $7 children (ages 2-17) and free to children younger than 2 and museum members.
Hours open are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Saturday; noon-5 p.m., Sunday.
For more information, call (815) 963-6769 or log on to discoverycentermuseum.org.
From the Nov. 3-9, 2010 issue